Monday, November 15, 2010

White choc and raspberry cookies

One of the best flavour combinations ever has to be white chocolate and raspberry. Actually any kind of chocolate and raspberry, but I only had white chocolate, so we'll just go with that.

I've been looking for something to do with my bag of sweet william white choc chips for a couple of weeks now. I also had half a punnet of frozen raspberries left over from my chardonnay/raspberry jelly experiment. I tossed up between a few options (pudding, muffins, friands) before settling on a batch of white choc raspberry cookies.

Recipe:

1 cup of nuttalex
1 cup of fine sugar
half a tin of condensed soy milk
3 cups of self raising flour
1 cup white choc chips
About a cup of raspberries

Set oven to 180 C.
Cream together nuttalex and sugar till pale, then blend in condensed milk. Add in the flour and blend. This will for a very soft dough. Mix in the chocolate chips.

I tried 2 ways with adding the raspberries, the first I took some of the dough with choc chips and formed it into balls and placed on the baking tray. I then pressed 2 raspberries into each cookie ball and flattened them a little.

The second way I tried with the rest of the remaining dough, was to just blend the raspberries into the dough.

The first batch of cookies was done in 15 minutes, the second took a little longer and was in the oven for 18 minutes. I guess having the berries blended through made the dough a little wetter.

The cookies come out a little soft so need to be left to cool for a bit before lifting them off the tray. When they do cool though, they are beautifully golden and slightly crisp in the outside, but still soft and a little chewy inside. I had more dough than I wanted to bake tonight, so I froze half the dough. Hopefully I survives freezing, I think it should...

Here are some samples of how the cookies came out. Since it is only a visual sample you'll just have to take my word for it that they were damn good cookies.




Nom nom nom

I think I prefer the look of the cookie that had the raspberries blended through.

No comments:

Post a Comment