Most of my last week was taken up with study when work sent me off on a short course, along with a heavier than usual overtime load. It's been 9 years since I was at Uni (man I feel old saying that) so I am really out of practice. I had forgotten just how much energy intensive classroom learning takes out of you, let alone coming home to study as well. By Friday I was a delirious, sleep deprived mess, though thankfully I passed the certification exam at the end of it all. Actually the exam was a breeze, I kind of felt cheated - all that effort at study for a god damn multiple choice exam!?!?
I spend the weekend in Healesville, so that was a right off too... And so again my blog has been neglected. Then again for the last week, so has cooking... I just simply have not had time for any food preparation that takes more than 5 minutes effort. I still got requests for specific meals, but those requests went pretty much ignored.
The request I half listened to turned out to be one of the best easy meals I have made for a long time. I was asked to make Sloppy Joes. A simple request that I could have acquiesced with a quick trip to the shops. Instead I turned out a dish made from ingredients I had on hand that could cope with under 5 minutes of prep time. The Sloppy Joes turned into what became known as Lazy Meesas
Lazy Meesas makes 4 wraps
- 1 can refried beans (I used Amy's own black beans with chilli)
- 1 can diced tomato
- 200gram falafel, crumbled
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tspn olive oil
- Braggs (to taste)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 4 Bread wraps
- Oil a saucepan then combine the refried beans, canned tomatoes, felafel, garlic and braggs. Stir thoroughly and allow to heat.
- While the bean and falafel mix is heating, dice the 2 tomatoes and avocado. Combine.
- Take the bread wraps and spread some hummus down the the centre of each wrap.