I've been going through some of my recipe books, marking out recipes I'd like to try over the 30 days. I'm going to try to be a lot more organised about my cooking during March than I usually am. Inspired by The cookbook challenge post over at Gourmet Green Giraffe, I thought it would be a good idea to start a list of recipes I like the sound of so I can refer back or add to it over the month.
I'll start with the newest addition to my cookbook collection.
The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur - Kelly Peloza (http://vegancookies.wordpress.com/ and http://seitanbeatsyourmeat.wordpress.com//)
- Fiesta Margarita Cookies
- Soy Milk's Favourite Cookies
- Apricot Foldovers
- Iced Caramel Cookies
The Vegan Scoop - Wheeler Del Torro
- So many things in this book I want to make, but my ice cream maker died and is yet to be replaced...
- Stuffed Banana Berry French Toast
- Sweet Chilli Lime Tofu
- Seitan Black Bean Corn Burgers
- Miniature Napoleons with Eggplant Creme
- Pad See Ew
- Mini Blueberry Tarts with Lemon Cream
Viva Vegan - Terry Hope Romero (http://veganlatina.com/)
- Drunken Beans with Seitan Chorizo
- Seitan Saltado
- Creamy Potato Peanut Stew
- Creamy Corn Crusted Tempeh Pot Pie
- Shredded Seitan and Mushroom Empanadas
How It All Vegan - Tanya Barnard & Sarah Kramer (http://www.govegan.net/)
- Faux Eggs Benny
- Sarah's Delicious Chilli
- Savoury Shepherds Pie
- Potato "Cheese" Perogies
Vegan With A Vengance - Isa Chandra Moskowitz (http://www.theppk.com/)
- "Fronch" Toast
- Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata
- Lemon Corn Waffles with Blueberry Sauce (OMG, these sound awesome!!!)
- BBQ Pomegranate Tofu
- Seitan Portobello Stroganoff
- Revolutionary Spanish Omelet with Saffron and Roasted Pepper-Almond Sauce
Last week I tried asking a few of the food places at QV if they had vegan options, and got a lot of 'I don't know' responses, and 2 yes - for the veg soups at In a Rush, and for a veg salad with no dressing from the sandwich bar.
So I'm hoping for some advice on what to get for lunches in the city, what are some good options? What are usually safe bets as being vegan suitable? Are breads at sandwich bars usually safe?
And if you have any of the above cookbooks and can recommend a particular recipe that you love and think I should try, please leave a comment below.
Finally for anyone else doing the 30 day challenge who may have come across my blog, check out this facebook group with a list of 'Ninja Vegan' products. I love that term!